Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Class

 The worship class met last week--online only, because my wrist is broken and I was still getting used to this cast. But we will be online each session anyway, as half the students are remote. I think, in retrospect, (and because I generally try to make the best of things) that this was useful because we could put the whole class in breakout rooms for introductions. 

Among the things I love about Trinity International University is that the I in TIU is really a thing. At the College, and even more so at the Divinity School (TEDS), we have a global community of students. Easily 25% of the students in my worship course are not native English speakers; of those we have several trilingual students. A fair number are experienced in ministry and are enrolled in the MDiv program to increase their effectiveness and strengthen their credentials. 

So I look forward to learning every bit as much as to teaching.

We do not meet today, the Martin Luther King holiday. I will write some thoughts about that later. For now I am limiting my one-handed typing time while my bones heal.

 

No comments: