Friday, March 8, 2013

Teneto!

"My soul is sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me." (Matthew 26: 38)
Maneto.
Vigilato.
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is week." (Matthew 26:41)
Vigilato.
Orato.
"Sleep and take your rest later on. See, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners." (Matthew 26:45)
Teneto: hold on.



Luke 9:62 Jesus said, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fir for the kingdom of God."

It's Lent: Hold on.

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me,
but I have calmed and quieted my soul,
   like a weaned child with its mother;
   like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
   from this time forth and forevermore.

Psalm 131

No comments: