Parishioner: "Pastor, have you read all these books?"
Kent: "Some of them twice."
Here is a short list of my other books - those that have not been read, much less twice, but stand apart on a separate shelf. This is where I feel I must go when I need something else to read. Unless, that is, something else ininuates itself. It could be an invigorating summer!
- Eugene Peterson, following on Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places - Eat This Book and The Jesus Way
- D.A.Carson, A Call to Spiritual Reformation
- Dever, Duncan, et al, Preaching the Cross
- John Piper, A Hunger for God
- Paul S. Jones, Singing and Making Music
- Robin Leaver, Luther's Liturgical Music
- Hart and Muether, With Reverence and Awe
- Scott Hyslop, The Journey was Chosen: the life and work of Paul Manz
- John Witvliet, Worship Seeking Understanding
- John Tyson, Assist Me to Proclaim: the life and hymns of Charles Wesley
- Jeffrey, Ovey & Sach, Pierced for Our Transgressions
- Martin Luther, Three Treatises
- Timothy George, ed., God the Holy Trinity
- D. A. Carson, The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God
- Jacques Ellul, To Will & To Do